Introduction: Cookies & Cream Cookies
I have always loved homemade cookies. I have a father whom always had the cookie jar stocked with Oreos at any given moment. This recipe combines the best of both worlds.
Prep Time: 15 minutes. Cook Time: 11 minutes. Makes: 3 dozen cookies or more.
1 cup softened butter
1/2 cup brown sugar
1/2 cup sugar
1 4.2 oz pkg Oreo Cookies & Cream pudding mix
2 large eggs
1 tsp vanilla extract
2 1/4 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
1/2 tsp coarse sea salt
20 Double-Stuffed Oreo cookies
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Preparations.
Begin by collecting your ingredients, mixer, measuring utensils, and preheating oven to 350 degrees.
Step 2: Make Your Base Cookie Dough.
1) Soften your butter in the microwave briefly before mixing it. Cream the butter. Add the sugars and mix well. Add the pudding mix until completely blended in. Add the eggs and vanilla next. Mix well. Add the flour, baking soda and salt. Continue mixing. You’ve made your base dough.
The photo above was taken after mixing butter through vanilla, but before flour, baking soda and salt.
Step 3: Time for Cookie Cannibalism.
2) Place 15 Oreos into a ziploc plastic storage bag, preferably freezer thick, and hand crush. You are making larger cookie chunks this way. Food processor will almost dust these.
3) Take the 5 remaining cookies, cap, and scrape the creme-filling into your mixing bowl. This replaces the crime-filling that will be left on the inside of the ziploc bag.
4) Stir in creme and Oreo Cookie Chucks.
5) Make 1” round dough balls, about 1 tbsp sized, and place evenly on a greased cookie sheet.
Step 4: The Final Countdown
6) Bake at 350 degrees for 11 minutes. Let cool and serve. Delicious! Add to a bowl of cookies and cream ice cream. Serve with hot chocolate or egg nog. Enjoy, whatever the occasion.
This is an entry in the