Introduction: Cookies for Kitties!
Treat your kitty to some homemade, meaty, catnippy treats!
Please Note: While all these ingredients can be found in several different cat food recipes online, there are also message boards that suggest some of the ingredients are not recommended. Whenever introducing a new food, give a small quantity and keep an eye on them to make sure they do not have any kind of reaction. See the ASPCA site for more information.
- 1/2 cup coconut flour
- 6 oz Chicken, cooked
- 6 oz Beef, cooked
- 1/4 Sweet potato, baked
- 1/8 cup Catnip
- 2 Eggs
- 2 oz Greek yogurt
- 3 Tbs Wheat germ
- 2 Tbs Coconut oil
- 1 Tbs Molasses
- 1 Tbs Almond oil
- In a blender or food processor, mix oils, molasses, eggs, yogurt and sweet potato
- Next blend in cooked beef and chicken (this was not an appealing step as a vegetarian and I washed my blender several times afterwards! But kitties need meat, so what can you do?)
- Pour out contents of the blender into a mixing bowl and mix in coconut flour and wheat germ (Dough will be crumbly, but will still stick together)
- Preheat oven to 350oF
- Working with 1/2 cup of dough at a time, roll dough out to about 1/4" (Due to the aforementioned crumbliness, dough is not very elastic)
- Cut out shapes or mold into mice/fish/bird shapes!
- Brush with egg yolk and sprinkle with catnip
- Bake for 15 - 18 minutes
Allow to thoroughly cool and surprise your cat with an after meal cookie or two : )
Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to five days.
Participated in the