I wanted to make a cool desk name plate out of wood that looked a bit like the angrybirds font
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Supplies
- popsicle sticks
small wood board to place against (i got mine from a clementine box), and corner piece to stand on
- small screws (for decoration purposes)
Step 2: Drawing
draw out your name in letters only made of lines
- try to make them a bit unaligned
Step 3: Cut Pieces
- Cut pieces to match those lines you drew (make a little extra long at the ends of each piece)
- cut them to make jagged ends
Step 4: Detailing (optional)
- Scratch and cut the pieces to look even better
- Paint the pieces according to your taste (i did brown)
Step 5: Making Letters
- glue letters together
- add screws to joints for appearance
Step 6: Stand
- attach the corner to the board to make the stand
- I added screws for looks
Step 7: Letters+Stand=Cool Nameplate
- draw out on board where letters will go (as shown)
- glue them down
Step 8: Enjoy/Show Off!!!
Place on your desk and show off your skills!!!