Introduction: Cop Car Camcorder Mount
Step 1: What You Need...
1. 3/4" Square Aluminum stock tubing. About 2 Feet long
2. (2) "U" bolts with matching wing nuts
3. Dollar Store mini-tripod
4. 4mm 1 1/2" long bolt
Step 2: Build the Mount
This mount installs on your headrest supports so you need to:
1. Measure across your headrest to in-between your seats.
2. Cut the aluminum tubing to that length.
3. Hold the cut tubing up to the headrest and make marks using the eyebolt where the bolt will go around the mounts.
4. Drill them with a bit larger than the eyebolt.
5. Drill a hole larger than the size of your bolt for the swizel mount.
Step 3: Prepare the Swivel
Finding that Dollar Store mini-tripod was the score of the day! One screw removes the swivel section from the leg assembly and it's ready to install on our mount.
Step 4: Final Steps
Run the 4mm bolt through the tube and screw it into the swivel mount. (Your screw size may be a different size based on the tripod you find)
Install the mount to your headrest supports using the eyebolts and the wingnuts. Install your camcorder to the swivel mount and you are ready to test it out! Have fun!