Introduction: Copycat Olive Gardens Zuppa Toscana
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 pound of ground Italian sausage
2 cloves of minced garlic
2 tablespoons of extra virgin olive oil
6 peeled cubed russet potatoes
32 oz chicken stock
1 cup of heavy cream
2 tablespoons of flour
2 handfuls of de-stemmed and chopped kale
Salt and pepper to taste
Pinch of red pepper flakes (optional)
Step 2: Instructions
1) Heat large sauté pan over medium high heat.
2) Combine sausage,extra virgin olive oil and minced garlic together in sauté pan until brown.
3) Add sausage mix to slow cooker then add cubed potatoes with chicken stock. (If necessary) add water to completely cover potatoes and sausage.
4) Cook and cover on low for 5-6 hours or high for 3-4 hours. (potatoes should be soft)
5) Before serving, whisk together heavy cream and flour until well mixed. Then pour into slow cooker, add in kale and stir to combine.
6) Cover and cook on high until soup has slightly thickened.
7) Taste, season according to your tastes, and serve.
Step 5: 6 Servings
* goes great with my copycat No-Knead Bread from Sullivan Street Bakery.
Participated in the
Copycat Recipes Contest 2017