Introduction: Copycat Panera Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich
One of my go to orders at Panera has always been the Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich. It's full of zesty flavor and with all the vegetables, it's one of the healthier options on the menu. The lettuce and cucumbers give this sandwich a great crunch, while the creamy hummus and feta add so much flavor.
I really hope you enjoy this Instructable, and let me know if you try it out for yourself!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Your Ingredients
Copycat Panera Mediterranean Veggie Sandwich Ingredients
Makes 1 Sandwich
2 Slices of Tomato Basil Bread (You can buy a loaf from Panera directly, if you are lucky enough to live near one, or you can check your local supermarket for Panera brand bread. I found mine at Stop and Shop!)
Hummus, choice of flavor (Panera uses a cilantro/jalapeño blend, but I don't like too much heat, so I use regular classic hummus)
Red Onion, sliced
Crumbled Feta Cheese
Roasted Peppers (Panera uses Peppadew Peppers, which is a specific brand, not type. I couldn't find them at the store, so I am using roasted red peppers. They work great in this sandwich!
Step 2: Assemble the Sandwich
1. Take 2 slices of the Tomato Basil bread and smear each with the hummus of your choice.
2. On of piece of bread, add lettuce and sliced tomatoes.
Step 3: Assemble the Sandwich
3. On the other piece of bread, add sliced cucumbers and red onions.
4. Add the feta cheese and peppers on top of the onions.
5. Press the two sides together, stick a toothpicks in to keep everything together, slice down the middle.
Participated in the
Copycat Recipes Contest 2017