Introduction: Coriander Leaf Chutney
A very tasty chutney with fresh coriander leaves as main ingredient. It is very simple to make with few ingredients and can be served with all types of food.
Step 1: Ingredients
- A bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- A tablespoon of split black gram lentils
- Half a coconut
- Five to six green chilies
- Small piece of tamarind
- Salt to taste
- Two teaspoons of any cooking oil
Step 2: Preparation
- Add two teaspoon of oil in a frying pan
- When the oil is heated add split black gram lentils, tamarind, green chilies and coconut pieces.
- Stir fry till all ingredients are cooked
Step 3: Chop and Add Coriander Leaves
- Wash and finely chop the coriander leaves and add it to the frying pan
- Mix with other ingredients
- Add salt to taste
- Stir fry for about two three minutes and remove from stove.
- keep the mixture under a fan to make it cool
Step 4: Grind the Ingredients
- Once the mixture is cooled to room temperature, transfer in to a mixer / grinder jar
- Add little amount of water
- Grind the chutney and transfer to a serving bowl
The aroma and taste of the fresh coriander leaf chutney is wonderful. You can eat it with Idli, Dosa or with rice.