Intro: Cot (or Bed)
My instructable for Russian - http://ivpe.tk/?p=292
Sorry for my English. :-)
This bed size 930 x 2050 mm.
- 930 = width of the mattress + half the thickness of the rear wall (from fiberboard which rests on the mattress). I did not realize at that, so the pictures can be seen that he was speaking.
- Length = 2050 + 2 * Mattress half the thickness of the sidewall.
- the height of the bottom - 400 mm.
- total height of the bed - 730 mm.
Dimensions can be any and depends on the mattress, I'll give the dimensions for his bed, recalculate simple.
For the manufacture of such beds will need:
- Slatted (or other bottom, for example 20 mm plywood)
- Mattress 900 x 2000
- Bar 50 x 50
- Fiberboard or plywood 4 mm
- Hand router (or you can manually adjust the circular saw with a focus)
Step 1: First You Need to Cut the Bar.
- 730 mm, 4 pcs - rack. (Bar 3 m. Just divided by feet)
- 850 mm, 2 pcs - lower cross-backs, 930 - 40 - 40 = 850 mm. Rack bars cut into 10 mm from both sides, so not subtract 50 and 40 mm.
- 830 mm, 2 pieces - top cross-backs, 930 - 50 - 50 = 830 mm. Cut them does not make sense, do not carry the load from above.
- 1970 mm, 2 pcs - lower longitudinal bars, 2050 - 40 - 40 = 1970 mm.
- 1950 mm, 1 pc - upper longitudinal bar backrest, 2050 - 50 - 50 = 1950 mm.
Step 2: Cutting Groove in the Bar.
- Two rear legs - the upper part (730 - 400 = 330 mm) with two adjacent sides.
- Two front pillars - the upper part (730 - 400 = 330 mm) on one side.
- 4 cross member - with one hand.
- 2 rear longitudinal bars - on the one hand.
- 1 front longitudinal bar (1970 mm) - without milling.
Step 3: Make a Notch in the Racks of 10 Mm for Installation of Horizontal Bars.
From the bottom (not milled parts) do cutout 350 to 400 mm. i.e. 50 mm.Cutouts do with those parties where milling. ATTENTION PLEASE! The A-pillars cutouts SLR - Lay details and see which side they do.
Grind bars if necessary - paint. I myself have no glory, even linseed oil did not use.
Putting the frame without the upper horizontal bars.
Cut, color and paste fiberboard.
Screwed upper horizontal bars.
Ok. Frame is done.
Rigidly fixed bottom. Not to hang out and at the same time give the bed extra rigidity.
We throw on top of the mattress and the baby. Or himself. :-)