Gather Supplies Including
-Classic School Glue
-Borax (dry laundry detergent)
-Plastic Bowl, Spoon
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Measure Glue Into Bowl
-Measure 1/2 of a cup of School Glue into the measuring cups and then pour directly into the Plastic Bowl by its self.
Step 2: Combine Glitter Glue to School Glue
- Here you can add Glitter Glue in any quantity you desire, more of the Glitter Glue will lead to a darker stronger looking color. You may also substitute glitter glue for food dye if you do not have any.
Step 3: Mix in Water With Glue
- Measuring out 1/4 cup of water, pour and slowly start stirring the mixture of glue, glitter glue and water togethor in the plastic bowl.
Step 4: Add Additional Glitter Glue for Color
- Pour more glitter glue directly into the glue mixture, we have another option here to add new colors or more of the original, for brighter looking slime.
Step 5: Add Borax Into Glue Mixture
- Measure 1/4 of a cup of Borax and begin slowly adding and stirring the glue mixture together, make sure not to pour all the Borax in at once.
Step 6: Continue to Stir Together Glue Mixture
- Using spoon, lift and stir from the bottom of the plastic bowl to insure that all parts of the glue mixture are being spread around equally. A base time of stirring for 2-3 minutes proves to get slime to best consistency.
Step 7: Drain Bowl of Excess Water
- Drain out and remove any excessive water left in the bowl, the slime will absorb majority of the liquid but any left over is okay to dispose of.
Step 8: Throw Away Your Spoon!
- Using your hands no instead of the spoon, begin mixing and massaging the slime between your hands, this will help in spreading out the color/glitter glue more evenly.
Step 9: Play With Slime
- Finished project! Slime is complete and ready to help distress, entertain kids or whatever posibility one could need slime for.
Step 10: Keeping Slime Fresh
- After you have finished, you can store slime in a plastic bag keeping it refrigerated in this plastic bag will stop any mold from growing on your slime.