Intro: Crêpes With Lemon Blueberry Compote
Looking for a fancy, but simple, breakfast recipe? Don't worry, you'll love these simply delicious Crêpes with Lemon Blueberry Compote!
Yield: makes 6 cr
Step 1: Ingredients
- 2 eggs
- 2 cups of All-purpose flour
- 2 packets of vanilla sugar (or 2 tsp of vanilla extract)
- 1 cup of seltzer water
- 1/4 cup of canola, coconut, or vegetable oil
- 1-3/4 cups of milk
For lemon blueberry compote:
- 3 cups of fresh blueberries
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 1/4 cup of white, granulated sugar
- 2 tbsp of water
Step 2: Crêpes & Compote
1. In a medium saucepan over medium to low heat, combine blueberries, lemon juice, water, and white sugar. Cook until compote forms a medium to thick syrup.
2. In a large bowl, mix all crêpe ingredients until well incorporated. It's that easy!
3. If batter is not milky enough and not at the right crêpe consistency (thin), add 1 tbsp of milk, and stir.
4. In a preheated medium skillet, pour about 3 tbsp of the batter, and cook on both sides for about 2 minutes until completely set.
Step 3: Top & Enjoy!
5. When crêpe is finished cooking, top with lemon blueberry compote and more fresh lemon slices. Enjoy!