Introduction: Deviled Eggs With Crab
I came across a recipe for crab deviled eggs and decided to dip into my stash of canned crab meat (I always stock up when it is on sale) in order to make some. I tweaked the recipe a great deal to make what I think is a far tastier result. I'm going to assume for the sake of brevity that you know how to hard boil eggs and peel them.
- 6 hard-boiled and peeled eggs
- ½ cup of cooked crab meat + 4 tbsp for garnish
- 2 tbsp of finely diced red onion
- 2 tbsp of finely diced red bell pepper
- 2 tbsp of finely diced orange bell pepper
- 2 tbsp of finely diced green bell pepper
- 2 tbsp of finely diced pickles (I used cornichons)
- 1 tsp dried dill
- 2 tbsp of lime juice
- 1 tbsp of olive oil
- 2 tbsp of mayonnaise
- 1 tsp of dijon mustard
- 1 tsp of cumin
- Salt and pepper to taste
Step 1: Crab Mix
Mix the crab meat with diced onions, diced bell peppers, diced pickles, lime juice, olive oil, dill, and salt/pepper
Step 2: Free the Yolks!
After slicing the eggs in half lengthwise, take a spoon and remove the yolks from the eggs.
Step 3: Yolk Mix
Mash the eggs yolks with the mayonnaise, cumin, and mustard. Salt and pepper to taste.
Step 4: Home Stretch!
Add the yolk mix to the crab mix and stir together until thoroughly blended. Stuff mixture into egg halves and garnish with crab meat and a pinch of dill.
Runner Up in the
Egg Contest 2016
inukiba made it!