Introduction: Computer Prank With Arduino
This is an instructable to make a crappy robot that turns off your laptop when you go in front of it and just to piss you off turns it on when you go away.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials Needed
To make this robot you will need :
- Arduino board
- an ultrasonic sensor
- a servo motor for Arduino
- Masking tape
- a computer
- a breadboard
Step 2: Wiring the Ultrasonic Sensor
- Insert the ultrasonic sensor into the breadboard.
- Connect the trig pin to digital port 8 and the echo pin to port 7.
- Connect the 5V to the 5V line in the breadboard and the GND to the GND line in the breadboard.
- Connect these two lines to the board (5V to 5V and GND to GND).
Step 3: Wiring the Servo Motor
Connect the servo motors three wires to the 5V on the breadboard, GND on the breadboard and digital port 9 respectively.
Step 4: Setting the Robot Up
- Tape the motor to the computer such that the motor will be able to push the power button.
- The end of the motor should be facing the screen of the laptop.
- Place the ultrasonic sensor facing where you expect a person to be standing when he is trying to work on the computer (like in the picture).
Step 5: The Code
Step 6: Final Step
Upload the code to the board and you should have your own crappy robot.
Participated in the
Arduino Contest 2016