Introduction: Cream Cheese Wontons
What you will need:
- Vegetable Oil
- Cream Cheese
- Wonton Skins (they make delicious Gluten- Free skins as well)
- Honey (optional)
- A Pot or Pan (I prefer a pan because the high walls prevent splashing)
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Preparing the Oil
First thing that I do is I start heating up the oil. Fill a pan with oil about 1/4 inch to 1/2 inch deep.
Normally I set the stove to be at a high heat around 7/10
Step 2: Preparing the Wontons
Separate all of the wonton skins, and get a spoon to scoop the cream cheese with.
What to do:
- Scoop a piece of cream cheese onto the wonton skin
- Put a small dab of honey on top of cream cheese
- Fold two Opposite corners together
- Fold other two corners into the middle
Some people like to use water to hold the wonton together, but the water makes the oil sizzle a lot when you cook it and is not necessary
Step 3: Cooking the Wontons
- Drop one or two wontons into the oil (gently)
- Let the wonton turn golden brown on one side
- Flip the wonton
- Let the other side turn a golden brown
- Remove from the oil with tongs
- Repeat until all wontons are cooked
- Enjoy the delicious wontons
Some people like to add sauces, but i like to eat them plain.