Skip the green-dyed foods this St. Paddy’s Day and celebrate with naturally green Spinach Linguine with a Creamy Chicken Sausage Artichoke Sauce!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Ingredients
1 package spinach linguine
1 tbsp olive oil
1 pound mild Italian chicken sausage, removed from casings
2 cloves garlic, minced
5 oz baby spinach
10 artichoke hearts
salt and pepper, to taste
1 cup chicken broth
4 tbsp Heavy Cream Powder
1 tbsp flour
red pepper flakes (optional)
Step 2: Step 1
- In a large pot, boil water and cook linguine (al dente) as directed on package.
- In a separate saucepan, heat olive oil over medium heat. Add the chicken sausage and cook, breaking it apart. Add the garlic and cook another 2 minutes.
Step 3: Step 2
- When the sausage is fully cooked, add the spinach, artichoke hearts, salt, and pepper.
- In a measuring cup, whisk together the chicken broth and powdered heavy cream. Add the mixture to the saucepan and bring to a boil, stirring occasionally.
Step 4: Step 3
- Sprinkle flour over sauce and incorporate. Stir until sauce slightly thickens.
- Once linguine is cooked, drain and add to the saucepan. Toss pasta to coat with sauce.
Step 5: Enjoy!
To serve, sprinkle with red pepper flakes and parmesan cheese.