This recipe is a family favorite that was passed down from my mother. It is a perfect family meal for those bitter cold winter days. When you need some warm comfort food, I encourage you to give this a try. My boys say, "it's like a blanket for your tummy."
Enjoy the instructional video. The recipe is found in Step 1.
Step 1: Recipe - Gather Ingredients
Creamy White Chicken Chili
- 1 lb Boneless Chicken 1/2" cubes (Any poultry would be great. I used Pheasant this time.)
- 1 medium Onion Chopped
- 1 1/2 teas Garlic Powder
- 1T. Vegetable Oil
- 2 cans 15 1/2 oz Great Northern Beans Rinsed and Drained
- 1 can 14 1/2 oz Chicken Broth
- 1 or 2 cans 4oz Chopped Green Chilies
- 1 teas Salt
- 1 teas Ground Cumin
- 1 teas Dried Oregano
- 1/2 teas Black Pepper
- 1/4 teas Cayenne Pepper
- 1 cup (8 oz) Sour Cream
- 1/2 cup (4 oz) Heavy Whipping Cream
In a large pot or dutch oven, sauté the chicken, onion, and garlic powder in oil until the chicken is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
Add beans, broth, chillies and seasoning.
Bring to a boil, reduce heat, simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
Remove from the heat and stir in sour cream and whipping cream.
Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to a few days. Serves 4-7
The recipe can be customized to your heart's content. You can change the type and/or amount of poultry. I have made this with chicken, turkey, and pheasant. (You can speed things up by using a small rotisserie chicken from the store.) To adjust the spiciness, change the type and/or amount of green chilies and cayenne pepper. Also, you could switch out the great northern beans for another type of white bean. Add a bit more broth if you like your chili a little soupier.
Step 2: Cook
- Start by warming up a large pot or dutch oven over medium heat.
- Add a splash of oil and sauté the chicken, onion, and garlic powder until the chicken is no longer pink and the onion is translucent.
- Then add the beans, broth, chillies, seasoning, and mix well.
- Bring to a boil, then reduce the heat. Simmer uncovered for 30 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the sour cream and heavy whipping cream.
- Serve immediately or keep in the refrigerator for up to a few days.
- Serves 4-7
Step 3: Serve and Enjoy
You may serve the chili in bowls or large mugs and enjoy. I hope you and your family had fun with this recipe.
Step 4: Contacts
Let me know if you enjoyed the chili and what you did to make it better.
I will do my best to read and respond to all the comments below, e-mails, and YouTube comments.
Feel free to follow my Instructables and subscribe to my YouTube channel if you enjoy DIY Projects. More content is coming out soon!
YouTube: GeekGuyMJ DIY Projects & More
Thank you for viewing and your support.
Participated in the
Comfort Food Challenge