Intro: Creating the Body
The following information is a single lesson in a larger Tinkercad project. Check out this and more projects on Tinkercad.
Now let's start making the body.
- Place a sphere on the workplane.
- Scale the sphere to the dimensions shown in the image.
- Align the sphere to the cone.
- Use the arrows to move the sphere forward until it is about 1/3 inside the cone.
- Hold ALT and move to make a copy of the sphere. This will be the belly.
- Rotate the belly 6 degrees on the Y axis.
- Scale the belly down to about 60mm on the X axis.
- Use the arrows to move the belly.
- Scale the belly on the Y axis to about 25mm
- Use ALT + move to make another copy of the back sphere. This will be the spine. Scale the spine to 74mm on the X axis.
- Rotate the spine 8 degrees on the Y axis.
- Scale down on the Y axis to about 72mm
- Use the arrows to move into place.
- Place a paraboloid on the workplane. This will be the tail.
- Scale the tail height to 50mm
- Rotate the tail 102 degrees on the Y axis.
- Align the tail towards the spine sphere.
- Move the tail so that there is a smooth transition from the spine.
- The body is all done.
- Continue to the next lesson.
In the next lesson you will start making the smaller parts!
Next Lesson:Creating the details