Intro: Creating the Walls
The following information is a single lesson in a larger Tinkercad project. Check out this and more projects on Tinkercad.
Everything starts with the foundation of the home. The foundation is made by placing logs in the shape of a rectangle on the ground.
- Place a cylinder on the workplane. Scale it so it looks like the image. This will be a log we will use to build the walls.
- Hold ALT + rotate the log to rotate a duplicate of the log. Rotate the duplicate log 90 degrees.
- Move the duplicate so that it overlaps the first log as shown in the image. Scale the length to 20mm.
- Select the first log. Hold ALT+Move the log to make a duplicate. Move the duplicate to the other side of the short log.
- Select the short log and move it up so 1/3 is inside the top of the other two logs. Like it step 4, make a copy and move it to the other side.
- Place a box inside the logs.
- Change the color of the box to brown.
- Scale the box so that it rests at the bottom of the workplane and covers the entire inside of the cabin.
- Select all four logs. Hold ALT+Move to make a copy and move it up so they rest on top of the original logs.
- Go to the Edit menu and find Duplicate.
- Choose Edit>Duplicate to not only make a copy, but also have it move up the same amount as before. Repeat until there are 4 more levels.
- Continue to the next lesson.