The Very First Creeper Pie!
(Pistachio Pudding Pie)
This is a fairly simple pie to make.
Great for a NerdyPi Day or your Minecraft enthusiasts!
Step 1: All Ingredients
Flour (1.5 cups)
Milk (3.5 cups)
Butter (1 cube, unsalted)
Ice Water (1/6 cup)
Sugar (1.5 tablespoons)
Jello (2 Pudding Pistachio Packages 3.4oz)
Chocolate Sprinkles (Your Favorite Brand)
Green Food Coloring(20 Drops)
Step 2: Pie Crust Instructions
Pie Crust Instructions
1. Combined Flour and sugar into a mixing bowl
2. Add butter by cutting into tablespoon pieces
3. Use an electric mixer to mix the butter and flour together
4. Pour in the cold water while stirring (on low)
5. When the dough starts to clump and before it turns into a ball stop stirring
6. Lightly kneed the dough in the bowl until it forums into a ball
7. Flatten the ball into a disk and chill for 30 minutes
8. With a rolling pin, continue rolling the cooled dough until it is 1/8th of an inch thick (and round)
9. Form pie crust into the pie dish
10. pinch edges and poke holes (with fork)
11. bake at 350 degrees for 15 - 18 minutes (or until lightly golden)
12. Let pie crust cool
Step 3: Pistachio Pudding - Pie Filling Instructions
Pistachio Pudding - Pie Filling Instructions
1. Pour two 3.4oz Pistachio Pudding Packages into a bowl
2. Pour 3.5 cups of Milk into bowl
3. Add 20 drops of green food coloring for desired color
4. Stir or beat with whisk for 2-5 minutes until thickened
5. Pour pudding into cooled pie crust
6. Freeze in freezer until frozen solid
Step 4: Creeper Face
1. Download and print templet here: http://tinyurl.com/creepertemplet
2. With an exacto knife, cut out the templete of the creeper onto a card stock
3. Place on frozen Pie
4. Add the chocolate sprinkles to the stencil cutout
5. Slowly lift stencil
6. Fix any loose sprinkles
Step 5: Enjoy
Thaw thoroughly in the fridge before eating.
Served best with whipped cream.
Enjoy and please don't forget to vote!
Happy Pi Day!