Introduction: Creme De Menthe Cake
Creme De Menthe is a green, mint flavored, alcohol. I can't imagine drinking it because it would be like drinking mouth wash, but it is fantastic for baking! It gives anything you add it to a nice minty color & taste. This cake recipe has been in the family for generations! If you like mint chocolate chip icecream, you'll love this! It's basically the reincarnation of the icecream in cake form. Of course my ancestors always made the cake from scratch, but I used one from a box to simplify things a bit.
Gather your supplies:
Cake mix (and ingredients for it, or other favorite recipe)
1 Tbs Creme De Menthe Alchohol
Fudge topping (and/or mint buttercream recipe)
Andes mini mints
Before beginning preheat the oven to the directed temperature & prepare a pan by greasing and/or dusting it
1. Make the batter by replacing 1Tbs of the water/liquids with the creme de menthe
2. Finish making the cake batter as directed
3. Stir in as many or as little of the chips as you prefer
4. Pour your batter into your prepared pan
5. Bake as directed
6. Once it is cooked properly, let it cool in the pan completely, then gently flip it out of the pan onto a plate.
7 Warm up the fudge in a boiling water bath until it thins.
8. Drizzle the fudge on top of the cake
9. Dish it up & ENJOY!
MINT BUTTERCREAM FROSTING
1/2 cup solid vegetable shortening
1/2 cup (1 stick) butter or margarine softened
1 teaspoon creme de menthe
4 cups sifted confectioners' sugar (approximately 1 lb.)
2 tablespoons milk