Most of the Chicken Kebab or Kabab recipes are the skewed and grilled or tandoori variety where the chicken chunks are marinated in special spices and then grilled on skewers or cooked in tandoor. This is so even though the word Kabab or Kebab in Arabic actually means fried meat and not grilled meat.
This Crispy Chicken Kabab recipe is different in that the marinated chicken is fried instead of being grilled and it tastes heavenly.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: INGREDIENTS
- 1/2 kg - Chicken cut into medium pieces
- 2 pcs - Egg
- 2 tbsp - Maida/Corn flour
- 3 tbsp - Kabab Powder
- 2 tbsp - Chili powder
- 2 tbsp - Lime juice
- 1/2 cup - Curd
- 2 tsp - Ginger Garlic paste
- Salt ( for deep fry )
- 1 tsp - Vinegar (optional)
Step 2: Rinse the Chicken
- Wash and pat dry the chicken.
- Make slits in it with a knife.
Step 3: Prepare Ginger-Garlic Paste
- Add in Garlic and Ginger mix it in a Blender and puree.
- Keep the Ginger-Garlic paste aside.
- Begin the Chicken Marination.
Step 4: #1 Marinade
- In a mixing bowl break the eggs into a container and whisk them using a spoon.
- Addsalt, chili powder, kabab powder, ginger garlic paste and all the above ingredients except the chicken and mix well.
- Make a thick batter of flowing consistency by adding enough water little by little
- If the paste is too thick then you can add more lemon juice or a little water.
- Once a thick paste is formed, taste the marinade and then based on your taste needs you can add more of the ingredients.
Step 5: #2 Marinade
- Add chicken to a bowl. Make sure there is no water. Excess moisture either in the chicken or curd is going to drip off the chicken and make kababs not so good.
- Add the chicken pieces to the marinade and mix well until every chicken piece is evenly coated with the marinade.
Step 6: Refrigerate
- After you marinate the chicken with marinade and mix well.
- Now set aside the marinated chicken, the marinade must enter each slit.
- Cover the bowl and refrigerate for about 3-4 hours.
- Do not skip this step, these 3-4 hours are important to allow the flavors from the marinade to get into the chicken.
- If you do not have enough time, then freeze it for half an hour (do not freeze for more hours).
Step 7: Deep Fry
- Heat the cooking oil in a heavy-bottomed pan.
- Dip each chicken piece in the batter and deep fry it in hot oil.
- Deep fry the marinated chicken till they turn red and crisp outside as seen in the picture.
- Do not over crowd the pan while frying, fry it in small batches for better results.
Note:The dark color in the picture is the result of using food color.
Step 8: Serve With Great Smile
Allow the chicken kabab to cool, strain excess oil with kitchen paper towels.
Serve hot garnished with onions rings, lemon wedges and cucumber salad.
That's it, Foodies
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017