Sweet corn is everyone's favorite. First thing which comes to our mind when we think about sweet corn is steamy boiled version of it with the spices. So let's think a little out of the box. Why not a deep fried one!
I did a little research also on how to get my recipe done and came up with this best one.
Let me show you a new way to cook sweet corn which is even more tastier.
So let us get right into the preparation of it!
Step 1: Ingredients
- Chilli powder
- Chat masala
- Green Chilli
Step 2: Cook the CORN
- To cook the corn , keep a pan on the stove and turn on the flame
- Add water and rock salt into the pan.
- Immediately add corn also into the water boil it for 5-10 minutes or if you are using a pressure cooker wait up to one whistle.
- Squeeze the corn to check whether it is cooked or not.
Step 3: Adding Cornstarch
- With the previous process the corn would have become wet, let it be wet so that the corn starch gets attached to the corn properly.
- Take these corn into a bowl and add two to three table spoons of cornstarch to it and mix it well.
- You can also add a pinch of salt to it in-order to taste better.
- Keep this aside for a while.
Step 4: Deep Fry the Corn
- Now Keep a pan on the stove and turn on the flame.
- Add oil into the pan sufficient for deep frying the corn.
- Now add the cornstarch coated corn into the oil and allow it to deep fry.
- Wait for sometime and take em out of the oil and serve into a bowl.
Step 5: Adding Spices
- Now take a new bowl and chilli powder, salt , chat masala into the bowl and mix them well.
- Chop the green chillies and keep it aside.
- Add these spices mix and green chillies to the bowl containing fried corn and stir it so that the spices gets evenly spread ed.
- Garnish it with coriander and serve .
Tasty Crispy Corn is ready for you to have it!
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017