Making a simple scarf from strands of crocheted or knitted yarn.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Yarn and Crochet Hook
Pick out the yarn you love. I used two of my favorite.
Then get a larger sized richer hook (or needles if you knit). I used size "I".
Step 2: Crochet ( If You Know How to Knit or Crochet Skip This Step)
Here is a couple of visuals on how to crochet, sorry I don't know how to knit.
1) for a start, place needle on your pointer so that hook is where your finger nail is wrap yarn over needle.
2) twist counter clockwise.
3) wrap yarn back around needle.
4) pull the loop of yarn that you made first, over the new loop and make a knot, like in the 4th image in the step.
5) wrap yarn around the needle again and pull the original loop over the new loop. ( yay! a stitch! )
6) continue making single stitches until your string is long enough to wrap around your neck.
-personally I made six strings twice the length so that I could loop the scarf over my head.
-also you can do 2-3 strands of yarn and crochet them together.
Step 3: Knotting
now you have a couple of crocheted or kitted pieces of yarn, time to knot your strands together. I went one at a time and tied the individual strands together.
Step 4: Wrap!
Take some yarn and wrap it around the knots to hide them fashionably.you can tie knots or hot glue it to hold everything in place.
Step 5: Enjoy!
Enjoy your new hand made infinity scarf! When I learn how to knit I'll add a knitting step, until then please enjoy this.
Participated in the
Wear It! Contest