About me - I am naturally curious about many things and try to dabble in everything. Cooking has never been my forte and I don't particularly like it, but ... you got it
Step 1: Ingredients
I always change recipes and wonder why I don't get the expected results! I do plenty of internet research to get tips and tricks from various sources to make the changes I want to make.
I started off with Betty Crocker yellow cake mix and tweaked the steps to make those changes:
1. Used a Crockpot instead of oven, also tested the same batter in microwave cupcakes
2. Used the Crockpot to mix all ingredients - no extra pots to clean afterward
3. Had to add water as the last ingredient (see #2 above)
4. Used a spatula to stir and mix all ingredients instead of a whisk
5. Used baking soda + white vinegar instead of eggs
Here are the ingredients in the order I added them to the Crockpot:
1. 1/3 cup butter which I softened in the microwave
2. 3 tsp baking soda + 3 tblsp white vinegar (in lieu of 3 eggs)
3. Content of package of yellow cake mix
4. 1 cup water
Stirred all ingredients in Crockpot with a wooden spatula
Placed muffin paper liners in microwavable muffin container
Transferred some of the batter from the Crockpot and filled the muffin pan cups to half full only
Cooked the cake in the Crockpot for 3.15 hrs on low
Cooked the cupcakes in the microwave for 3 min on high (1100 watts)
Step 4: Final Results
The cake is delicious but doesn't hold well when sliced!
The cupcakes are spongy and somehow taste less sweet (sugary) even though it's exactly the same batter!
You be the judge…