Intro: Crystallized Snowflakes (5 Inches Long)
In this guide, I will be teaching you how to create a snow flake using borax and food coloring! Mine was blue, but you can create any color you want! This is a simple craft and you can hang this ornament outside your home so others can all dream about getting one.
Materials: (Most are in your home)
- a jar
- water (as much as the jar can hold)
- borax (3 tsp)
- blue food coloring (1 drop/cup of water)
- pipe cleaners (any color, 3 pieces about 5 inches long)
Step 1: Pipe Cleaners
Twist three 5-inch pieces of pipe cleaner together to form a snowflake. If you want to, you can add more designs onto the pipe cleaner snowflake, but be careful, as it will be easier to break later!
The Pipe Cleaners should look like the second picture!
Step 2: Tie It Together (TTT)
1. Tie a piece of string long enough onto the snowflake
2. Tie the flake with string to a pencil.
3. Make sure there isn't too much string
4. Wait for the next page to load..... ;)
Step 3: Mixing!
1. Get a Jar
2. Get your Borax and measure it out
3. Boil some water
4. Mix it together
5. Await further directions....
Step 4: Food Coloring!
1. Add 1 drop blue food coloring per 1 cup of boiling water
1.5 You can also add other colors for other colored snowflakes (blue looks the most realistic)
2. Swirl it
Step 5: Wait
1. Hang the snowflake in the jar
2. Let sit overnight; remove
It should look something like this:
The second picture is the instructable done in green food coloring!
Thanks for viewing my Instructable!