The Cuba Libre is one of the most popular cocktails. It's simple, delicious and very easy to make.
"Along with the Mojito and the Daiquiri, the Cuba Libre shares the mystery of its exact origin. The only certainty is that this cocktail was first sipped in Cuba. The year? 1900. 1900 is generally said to be the year that cola first came to Cuba, introduced to the island by American troops. But “Cuba Libre!” was the battle cry of the Cuba Liberation Army during the war of independence that ended in 1898." (According to Havana Club)
Step 1: What You Will Need
- 40-50 ml White Rum ( any brand)
- about 100 ml Cola
- Limes cut into wedges
You will also need:
- A sharp knife and a cutting board
- A measuring cup
- A glass ( best: highball glass)
- Two straws ( optional)
Step 2: Preparation
Just add all the ingredients in the glass, the order is not important.
If you don't want to measure so much, follow these steps:
1. Fill the glass with ice
2. Add the White Rum ( I usually use 40 ml )
3. Squeeze and add 2-3 lime wedges into the glass.
4. Fill the glass with Cola
5. To garnish : A lime wedge and two straws.
Step 3: Enjoy!
Relax and enjoy your perfect Cuba Libre!
Hope you like it !