By Caden Howard
Step 1: Brainstorm
- Get with your team and identify your main objectives, and how you will accomplish them.
- Decide what type of sensor you will use, and how you will receive your data.
- Brain storm different designs and alternatives to building your cube sat.
Step 2: Research
- Do research on arduinos and your specific sensor.
- Decide how you will utilize your sensor
- find a code that will work for your sensor and make it effective.
Step 3: Assemble Arduino
- Find where you should connect the senor to the arduino.
- connect them correctly and upload code from computer.
- Run tests to ensure the sensor and arduino are working correctly.
- Put together SD card and wire to arduino.
- Run tests again and upload data from the SD to make sure it works properly.
Step 4: Assemble Cube Sat
- cut out a 10 X 10 X 10 cm cube of card board and fold together
- ensure one side can open and clip closed.
- Attach Velcro to inside to hold arduino in place.
- Attach sting to hang from motor
- ensure that whole arduino can fit into the cube and not fall apart.
Step 5: Tests
- Do shake test to simulate a take off for the cube
- If any wiring come undone fix this problem and retest
- Do flying simulator and repeat the last step.
- Again make adjustments to the cube.
Step 6: Final Test
- Do the final test and collect data
- Upload data to computer and analyze it
- put together presentation about the hard work accomplished.
Step 7: Review
- complete review about project and presentation
- Give grades to classmates/team members
- Decide how to make cube sat better
- celebrate a job well done