Whenever I ever heard cucumber sandwiches mentioned, it was always in association with tea parties, or something else equally as fancy. I figured, since they are fancy, I won't like them. Then my friend Jeannie made them for me for my wedding shower and they were delicious! They are so cute and I'm going to share her recipe with you now!
Step 1: Ingredients
Step 2: Prepare the Bread
- Take out your bread, cutting knife, and cutting board
- Cut off crusts. Try to keep your bread as square as you can.
- Cut bread into four equal squares
- Put these in a plastic bag in the fridge until you are ready to use them.
- You can prepare all of your bread a day ahead of time to save time when you are going to be ready to serve it.
Step 3: Cut Up Your Cucumbers
- Clean and peal cucumbers.
- Cut off ends.
- Cut into thin slices.
- Put them in the fridge until you are ready to use them.
Step 4: Mix Spread and Assemble Sandwiches
Take your softened cream cheese and put it in a bowl. Mix in the dry ranch and some milk. Mix it all up.
Now you can take everything back out of the fridge.
Carefully spread the cream cheese mix on the breads. Place a cucumber piece on each and sprinkle lightly with paprika.
Step 5: Look at the Fancy Sandwiches
They're so fancy!