I learned this beautiful art from a friend who was perusing hotel management. But it took me around 1 month to efficiently and quickly do this. Cutting paneer or veggies like this can give a vibrant look to your dish. Be it matar paneer, palak paneer, or just fried potatoes.
So here goes the instruction for the cuts.
Step 1: Making the Basic Cuts
Take a dice of paneer or potato. You can use any other vegetable that can be diced beautifully.
1. Take a block
2. Make the first cut
3. Rotate the cube 90 degrees horizontally
4. Make the second cut
5. Rotate the cube 90 degrees vertically
6. Make the third cut
7. Rotate the cube 90 degrees horizontally
8. Make the fourth cut
9. Rotate the cube 90 degrees vertically
10. Make the fifth cut
11. Rotate the cube 90 degrees horizontally
12. Make the sixth cut
You are done. Gently pull apart the 2 pieces
Step 2: X20 You Are Done.
Repeat the above step for 20 pieces and you are ready with 40 pieces.
Fry them, BBQ them, make curries.
Runner Up in the
Indian Cuisine Contest