Have a baggy t-shirt? Want to make it fit?
Learn what I call the diamond technique by cutting up the sides of your t-shirt and make it fit snug as a bug.
Simple tutorial. Like always, no sewing required.
Watch the video tutorial with all the steps:
Step 1: Determine How Big Your Shirt Is
1. Put on your oversized t-shirt
2. Determine how many inches you want to tighten on each side. Take that number and at 1.5in. That's how deep you'll be cutting in step 4.
Step 2: Cut Up the Sides of the Shirt
3. Cut straight up both sides of the shirt, through the armpit and sleeve too so that the front and the back of the shirt are detached. The only connecting parts left on the shirt are the shoulders.
Step 3: Cut Slits
4. Cut slits along both sides of the shirt. They should be about 2inches apart and for how deep your cuts are, use your measurement from step 2.
Step 4: Cut Into Triangles and Stretch
5. Cut the slits into triangles by cutting the slits from the previous step, diagonally.
6. Stretch out the fabric by pulling on each triangle. This curls the edges of the fabric and gives a better finished look.
Step 5: Tie Up the Triangles, Snip Off the Ends
7. Tie up the triangles! I started off wearing the shirt, then when I got closer to the armpits, I had to take it off to finish tying.
8. Cut the ends off and you're done.
9. Add additional designs. I cut the neckline at this point, then added a weave to the front of the shirt. See my other tutorials!