I love reading and having cute, custom bookmarks just makes it all the more fun to read! I had a lot of fun creating these bookmarks and I hope you do too!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Gather Materials
The materials needed for this project are:
- High-quality paper or normal paper (high-quality paper is more stable and will last longer)
- Self-adhesive magnets or normal magnets
- Hot glue gun (if you do not have self-adhesive magnets)
- Colored pencils (optional)
- Pen or Pencil
- Printer (optional)
Step 2: Draw Your Wished Design on the Paper
For this, you can choose any design. You can just draw cute, little patterns on your paper and cut it out in the shape you want it to be in. For this step, it is important to not do it on the edge of the paper. Above your design, leave enough space to be able to draw the pattern again. In this step, you can choose whether you want to have patterns on both sides of you bookmark or if you want one blank side.
Step 3: Print Your Wished Design (optional)
If you do not want to draw you, can of course also print your wished design on the paper, again it is important to leave enough space on top of your chosen pattern.
- Look for the design you want for your bookmark
- You then copy it and paste it on a word document
- Resize to your liking
- You duplicate it
- Then you turn it 180° degrees and flip horizontally
- Drag on top of the first image and leave a small space between the images
Step 4: Cut Out Your Bookmark
Next, you cut out your bookmark. Try to be precise!
Step 5: Fold Your Bookmark and Put on the Magnets
For this step, you need to fold the bookmark between the two images or patterns. Fold so that the edges are over each other. After that, stick the magnets on the backs of the two sides. It is important that they are over each other for them to stick together. Cut off any protruding edges.
Step 6: Enjoy Your Bookmark!
You are done! Have fun using your bookmark and keep reading!
Step 7: Work Cited