Hello Everyone!!! I am back with another instructable! This time I will be teaching you how to make this adorable flip/swing card. The best part- NO DIES NEEDED!!! I have found many, many tutorials making this card, but you needed to have the specific dies. I do not own any dies or the BigShot machine, so that wasn't an option for me. Don't be intimidated by the number of steps. I just wanted to clearly explain how to make this card. So let's get started!!!
I did enter this instructable in the Paper Contest, so if you enjoyed this tutorial, please vote for me. I would really appreciate it. Thanks!
Step 1: Supplies!!!
So to get started, you want to gather all of your supplies. Here is a list of what you will need-
-Cutting Mat (I use a hard plastic piece)
-Scoring Tool (If you have read my previous instructables, you know I use a pottery tool. Yes, you heard that right. A pottery tool. It works well for me. Lol)
-Adhesive (I use a tape runner)
-Acrylic Block (I use a thick plastic lid. It just shows you can find items to substitute what you need. Like a plastic lid or pottery tool. Lol)
-Sentiment Stamp (I got mine from Tuesday Morning)
Now the paper. There are a lot of numbers you are about to see, but I'll try to make it as clear as possible. I also provided the measurements in the picture.) I would suggest using cardstock because it will make the card a lot sturdier.
-Card Base (5.5in. x 7in.)
-Sentiment Piece (2.75in. x 1.75in.)
-Message Piece (3.5in. x 3in.)
Designed Cardstock (Mine is the Turquoise with Gold Speckle)
- 5.25in. x 1.25in.
- 3.75in. x 3.25in.
Designed Cardstock (Mine is the Geometric Pattern)
- 4 7/8in. x 7/8in.
- 2.25in. x 3.25in.
Step 2: Scoring Our Card
Now it's time to get our scoring tools out and also the card base.
1. Place you card base with the 7 inch side at the top
2. Score at 2.75in.
3. Score at 4.25in.
Next, we have to cut the sides our our rectangle flip. This may sound a little confusing, but I will try to make it as clear as possible. So go ahead and grab your cutting supplies.
1. Leave your paper with the 7 inches on top
2. For this step, you may want to look at the picture for a better understanding. It is kinda hard to explain. Line your ruler up at 1.5in.
3. Cut from 1in. down to 4.5in.
4. Repeat on the opposite side
To finish cutting our rectangle flip, follow these next steps.
1. In the picture, I drew 4 blue lines. On those blue lines is where you will need to cut. You are basically cutting from our previous cut to the score line. Be careful not to cut past the score line.
2. Repeat for all 4 lines
You are done with your card base. Now let's decorate!!!
Step 5: Let's Start Decorating!!!
1. Grab your two patterned paper strips
2. Using your tape runner, adhere the small strip on the larger one
3. Then, tape it to the front left side of your card
1. Get your two rectangle pieces. The patterned one should measure 2.25in. x 3.25in. The white cardstock should measure 2.75in. x 1.75in.
2. Using your tape runner, stick the white piece in the center of the patterned piece
1. Grab your sentiment stamp, acrylic block, ink pad, and our pieces we just stuck together
2. Ink your sentiment up
3. Stamp your sentiment in the center of the white cardstock
1. Using your tape runner, stick your sentiment to the rectangle in the front of the card
Now onto the inside!
1. Grab your remaining pieces of paper and your tape runner
2. Stick the white cardstock in the center of the patterned cardstock
3. Tape the cardstock piece to the inside of the card
4. Write your message
Step 10: Done!!!
You are done!!! I just love how the cards turned out!!! I know I will be making more! I hope you enjoyed this as much as I did! If you did, I would really appreciate a vote for it in the Paper Contest. Thanks!!!
This is an entry in the