Introduction: Cutting Half Vertically a PVC Drum (fast Method).
The instructables that i am going to share with you is all about cutting a 55 gallon pvc drum in a fast method, it is very efficient and will surely save your time and energy. There are many methods around that we can use but for me this is the fastest and cleanest way on cutting a PVC drum.
Things You Will Need:
Cutting disc type 41 (105 x1.2x 16 mm)
*Dust during cutting is dangerous to your health wear proper eye and respiratory protection.
*Do the cutting in a well ventilated area.
*If below 18 years old do it with adult supervision.
*Do it at your own risks.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Marking All the Corners
- Measure the diameter of the top and bottom part of the drum using your tape measure.
- Mark the radius of the top and bottom part of the drum using the felt tip pen.
Trace a horizontal line to the diameter of the top and bottom part of the drum.
From the edge of the top and bottom part of the drum trace a line vertically using the felt tip pen.
Step 2: Cutting the Drum
- Before cutting the drum we need to tie it firmly so that it will retain it's shape and not separate during cutting.
- Sprinkle some water to lessen dust.
- Start cutting at the bottom part of the drum.
- The upper part of the drum may contain its thickest part so it is ideal to use larger cutting disk.