All you need is
- a heatsink
- 10W high power Led
- 5W 1,5 Ohm resistor
- LM 350 regulator
- thermal compound
- 3s Lipo
- a lipo connector
- on/off switch
- soldering tin
- soldering iron
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Wire the Regulator
- The LM350 regulator gives constant 1.2 volts between ADJ and Vout. Connect the two outputs with a resistor.
- 1.2 (constant voltage of regulator) divided by 0,9 (900mA power consumption of LED) equals 1,33. The closest resistor value I have found is 1,5 Ohm, the output will be 800mA
Step 2: Connect LED
- red wire goes to + of LED
- blue wire goes to + of the battery through the on/off switch
- green wire goes to - of the battery through the on/off switch
Step 3: Wire On/off Switch
- wire the green (-) and blue wire (+) to the on/of switch
- wire the lipo connector to the on/off switch
Step 4: Install the LED on the Heatsink
- use thermal compound!
Step 5: Build a
- Build a frame, you can use for example wood
- Connect the lipo
- Turn on the switch :-)