Hi instructables geeks greetings from egypt :) :) ,
in this instructable i will show you how to design and make a 4 wheeled car for robotics , arduino , RC cars ..etc. in a easy way just follow me ;) :D >>>
Step 1: Designing the Body
I used the solidworks program to design the car parts each part alone and then i assembled them as you can see in this images ,
Here is a link you can download the full design and the final assembly , NOTICE that you will need SolidWorks 2015 to preview or edit parts >> 4WD_Car_SolidWorks2015_design
Step 2: TOOLS You Need
- your regular tools screw clipper ..etc also you need main components
- Drill DREMEL Variable Speed (8000 ~ 33000 RPM) Drill ram-e-shop
- saws group for drill Cutting Saw Disk 6 pcs HSS ram-e-shop
- A 50*50 mm^2 Veneer wood sheet with thickness of 2 mm or 3 mm as you like you an find it at any carpenter tools shop .
- plastic zip ties to tie motors to body (founded in any tools shop )
- Copper Spacer 45mm M/F ram-e-shop
- 4 gears motor with wheels From Alixpress
- A red spray or any other color as you like such as Silver :D :D .
Step 3: Cutting and Prepering the Wood Layers
- use your pencil to draw the dimension from step one , you can use rapper to edit .
- safety is number one be careful when you assemble the saw with the shaft of the drill .
- hold your drill carefully turn it on start to cut .
- after finishing the first layer put it on the wood sheet and mark it with pencil .
- grind the 2 layers to give the cool look .
Step 4: Coloring the Layers With Red Spray
- use an old newspaper protect your floor from spray.
- put the wood layers on the newspaper start to spray carefully and don't forget the Parties and sides.
- leave it 1 hour th dray .
- after the top of the layer drays from the spray flip it and spray again .
- leave layers in the triangular shape for 6 hours.
Step 5: Assembling the Body
get internet cable and cut into 8 different color wires .solder the wires to the 4 motor .
check the dimension carefully you can use hot waxs to fix the gears.
assemble the motor gear to the base layer with making hols for zip ties and close them .
cut the tie after closing it .
add the copper spacers to the layers .
Step 6: Final Look :D
Feel free to ask me anything about the project >>
thanQ for your time ♡♡ :D ,