Have you haver need energy for charging your mp3, cellphone, etc. when you're out of home?!
I had.. So i decide to describe how to build your portable charger.
I hope to be useful.
SORRY FOR MY ENGLISH, I'M ITALIAN!
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: What You Need
WHAT YOU NEED:
- 5v regulator (i used a 7805)
- Small piece of velcro
- USB female port
- 9v battery
- 9v battery attach
- A box (i used an old burned modem)
- Hot glue (optionally)
- A solder
Step 2: The 5v Regulator Scheme
This is the simplyest scheme you probably have ever seen..
Watch the image, put the regulator at the same rotation of the image.
- On the first on the left you have to sold the RED 9v cable
- On the center sold the BLACK 9v cable
- On the first on the right you have to sold the RED usb cable
- Screw togheter the WHITE, BLACK and GREEN cable of the usb on the center (take the distance from the other one)
Step 3: Should Be Like This..
Should be like this..
Step 4: Time to Finish It..
So, now we have to fix it all on our box..
I put a little piece of velcro under the battery and under the 5v regulator, hot glue under the usb port and then i closed the box..
Et voilÃ .. This is the final result..
Step 5: Does It Works?!
Time to see if all works correctly..
Attach the cable on the usb port, the other side on the phone, and...
..magically.. IT WORKS!!
Happy recharging with your easy-build 9v battery portable recharger..
P.S. if you can use rechargable 9v battery.. you save money and save the world!