Making a airplant terrarium is very exciting, so this season you can gift your folks the DIY kit that looks not only exotic and professional but also is easy to make. People are intrigued by seeing terrarium and think it so difficult to make. These make gift for any age as they are creative and live for long. Boys and girls love it. I made it for a birthday party return gift and people love it no jokes... Pick any arrangement style( that is a airplant and a container to house it and then any decoration u want) and put it in a box with with a instruction card made from grocery bag and vallah you have you Gift ready in minutes.
Step 1: Items Needed
1. One Brown Box to fit in you airplants and the terrarium container
2. Raffia for Packing
3. A Beautiful Ribbon to tie your box. I thing this makes your present look 10 times more elegant.
4. Brown grocery bag to make a instructions.
5. Airplants -Buy from amazon to get them cheap or in bulk. They are also called Tillandsia
6. you can print out a picture of the end arrangement for visual clues, if you like.
In the above example I am using :
- 3 nos. of 2inch pot- get them in Michaels for that than $1 each.
-3 airplants. you an pick any they range from $3 to #15 each. If you buy in bulk they can cost you less than $2.
Step 2: Lay in BOX the Items Carefully
- In the box I lay down raffia. this act as a cushion to protect my terrarium bowl, especially if you are using a glass one. U can also use packing material of you have at home or tissue paper. I have used raffia as I like its earthly tone to match the earthen pot I am using.
-Now place you container and also your air plants, very carefully making sure that it is has room.
Step 3: Make a Instruction Card From a Groccery Bag
Cut out a brown grocery bag to make a card. Write down your care instruction and DIY process
1. Place the Tillandsia in the small pots and decorate them anywhere for a quick beautification. Place them together or separately.
2. Tillandsia love bright filter light
3. Immerse them in water for few second before removing and letting them air dry once a week.
4. Mist Tillandsia 2 to 3 times a week.
Step 4: Instructions Card & Ribbon
- Now cover them with packing paper and then place your instruction card on top. Now close and tape the box.
Lastly decorate it with you pretty bow.