Introduction: DIY Artificial Bonsai Plant Using Paper and Clay!
Bonsai plant have garnered lot of importance in the recent past. The primary reason being they are small plants and occupy less area. We see bonsai plants in the parks where we are marveled to see such small plants bearing fruits and flowers.
Most of the people also keep natural bonsai plants in their home. However, ever wondered on making an artificial bonsai plant of your own and that too with only clay and paper. In this craft we show you how to make an artificial bonsai plant which looks like a real plant.
Step 1: Things Needed for Making Artificial Bonsai Plant!
- Aluminum foil
- Aluminum wire
- Glue gun
- Plaster of Paris
- Shilpkar clay
- Wood finish oil
- Colors and brushes
- Artificial grasses and leaves
Step 2: Let's Make a Base for Tree!
- To begin with let us cut a styrofoam/thermocoal box as shown.
- Take glue gun and paste the stones on the surface of the styrofoam.
Step 3: Let's Make the Branches Using Wire!
- Take an aluminum wire and cut it into equal pieces.
- Now tie the wire together suing another aluminum wire.
- Place this tied wire in the center of the arrangement within the stones.
- Use your hand to give the wires the shape of branches.
Step 4: Let's Cover the Wire to Make Branches!
- Cut the newspaper into small stripes.
- In a bowl take Plaster of Paris (POP) and mix it with water to form a smooth paste.
- Cover the stones placed at the bottom with a plastic bag.
- Take the newspaper strips and dab them in the POP mixture.
- Wrap these strips on the aluminum wire at the base and the branches.
- Cover it completely and let the arrangement dry completely.
Step 5: Let's Make the Branches Using Clay & Color the Tree!
- Take the Shilpkar clay and paste it on the branches.
- Place it on the branches in such a way that it gives the look of more small branches.
- It is now time to color the tree.
- For this, use the brown paint and color the trunk and branches of the tree.
- Use the wood finish oil on the stones. This will give it a shiny finish.
Step 6: Let's Decorate the Base of Tree!
- Place the artificial grass and leaves on the branches and the base of the arrangement to give it a realistic look.
- Use the brown paint to coat on the styrofoam which forms the base of the bonsai plant.
Your DIY artificial Bonsai plant is now ready to use!!
Step 7: Conclusion
This artificial Bonsai plant can be used for a perfect home décor. It is simple to make and looks like a real bonsai plant. You can keep it anywhere in the house or use it as a decorative object in the office. Try our artificial bonsai plant and share your feedback with us.