Introduction: DIY-BOOKSIDE "bedside Bookshelf"
I am an industrial product design senior student. BOOKSIDE which is designed as DIY was my school project of the third class. Today, I remember to upload in order to reach more people.
Also you can have a look at the moodboard, if you want to see how I developed my project. There is a "how to make" video in the last step.
I hope that you'll like and try to do it.
I will upload the templates immediately.
Besides, I will response your questions and suggestions as soon as possible. So, don't hesitate to make comments.
Thanks and enjoy :)
Step 1: Materials and Equipment
- 50x50 cm fabric
- 30cmx40cm fabric
- 5m yarn
I used thick felt for fabric.
- Fabric puncher
- Metal ruler
- A4 templates
Step 2: Make Marks
- Lay out the template evenly on corners.
- Make 3x4 points on each 4 corners.
Step 3: Make Points Punched
- Make holes with the puncher.( All of the points should be punched.)
Puncher is not a must, also you can make cross-stitching with the needle. But the puncher makes works easier.
Step 4: Cross Stitch
- Cross stitch with a thick yarn and needle.
- After stitching, tie a knot.
Step 5: Make Point Marks
- Use the another template for making marks.
- Put the A4 sheet 4 cm inside of the 30x40 cm fabric.
- Make point marks.
- Put the piece on the other fabric and make marks.
Step 6: Punch and Assemble Two Pieces
- Punch according to these marks.
- Cross stitch by the holes to assemble two pieces.
Step 7: Finish
It is ready to use.
Step 8: Usage
Put in your books and enjoy it.
Anymore there is no need to look for a night table, while you are sleepy. :)