Wind chimes find a significant importance in every house. Thanks to its tingling sounds and the positive aura, it generates in the home. It is believed to be one of the most common house decoration and can be found in each and every household.
These days’ different wind chimes of different shapes and designs are easily available in the market and even in online shopping. However, have you ever thought of making your own wind chime and decorating the house? If yes, then we bring to you a beautiful bird wind chime using plastic bottles which you can use in any room of the house.
Step 1: Things Needed for Making DIY Wind Chime
- Plastic bottle
- Shilpkar clay
- Color brushes
- Glue gun
- Decorative hanging
- Artificial feathers
- Iron nails
- Aluminium foil
- Golden chain
Step 2: Let's Make Design on Plastic Bottle Using Clay!
- Take a plastic bottle and cut it as shown.
- We will use the upper portion of the plastic bottle to make the wind chime.
- Take Shilpkar clay and make it soft with your hands.
- Now cut small circles from this clay.
- Stick the clay circles on the surface of the bottle.
- We will paint these circles using colors with the help of a paint brush.
- Paint the circles with different colors and paint the rest of the bottle with blue color.
- Leave it to dry and then paste the sequences on the blue portion of the bottle to give it a brighter and shimmery look.
- Keep it aside.
Step 3: Let's Make Bird!
- We will now make the bird which will be used in the craft.
- For this we will take the aluminum foil. Take the aluminum foil and crush it into different shapes to give it the shape of a bird.
- Take the Shilpkar clay and cover the aluminum bird completely with it.
- Take a aluminum rod and make a hole through the center of the bird as shown.
- To make the feathers of the bird, paste the shilpkar clay on both the sides and use a toothpick to give it the design of a feather.
- Paint the bird as blue and the wings in orange color as shown.
- Make eyes of the bird with white color and paint the beak with yellow.
- Paste the colorful feathers on the bird and keep it aside.
Step 4: Let's Make Hanging!
- We will now make the hanging for the wind chime.
- Take the decorative bead hanging and attach it to a string.
- Now place the decorative beads one by one in the string.
- Attach the bird in the center of the string followed by the decorative beads.
Step 5: Let's Make Top Hanging!
- Now take the golden chain and fix it in the cap of the bottle as shown.
- Place the golden beads lace on the bottom surface of the bottle to give it a beautiful and decorative look.
- It is now time to attach the bird string to the bottle.
- Join the string to the chain properly so that it holds the hanging.
Your beautiful DIY wind chime is now ready to use!!
Step 6: Conclusion
This beautiful wind chime will grab the attention of everyone. It is easy to make and looks really beautiful. You can alternate the colors and use decorative substances of your choice based on your creativity. Try this beautiful wind chime and share your feedback with us.