Intro: DIY Bluetooth Controlled Robot (Rover) With Live Stream Video!!
WARNING: THIS INSTRUCTABLE CONTAINS A SUPER AWESOME CONTENT SO BE AWARE.
Did you ever wanted to make super awesome robot or rover controlled wirelessly with your mobile device?!
Did you ever wanted to make something look a like mars rover or something?!
Did you ever wanted a spy robot?!
If your answer is yes then you've came to the right guy in the right place :D
This instructable contains easy and simple steps to guide you to make this awesome robot by using simple Electronic parts like arduino, bluetooth module and couple motors, so lets get started :D.
Step 1: Let's Gear Up :D.
So, we will need a lot of things to get this rover up and running.
Tools & Materials that we need:
- Robot base (any design will be fine).
- 2x geared motor or normal one.
- 2x wheels.
- coaster wheel.
- screwdriver and screws.
- Bluetooth Module. (i used HC-06).
- Dual H-bridge board (i used L298).
- Powerfull 7.2v BatteryPack.
- Breadboard and some jumper wires.
- An Old Android Smartphone (used as IP cam).
- Another Android Smartphone for controlling the robot.
Step 2: Assemble the Base and Adding the Motors & the Wheels .
So we will begin by assembling the rover's base using screws and screwdrivers.
After that mount the 2 motors and secure them with their own screws.
Then mount the wheels and sceure them in their place.
At last add the coaster wheel in the back to balance the base.
And finally add the top base.
Step 3: Mount the Arduino and the Breadboard.
Chose a good spot to mount your arduino and your breadboard and secure them using some screws and your screwdriver.
Step 4: Mounting and Wiring the Dual H-Bridge to the Arduino.
Mount The Dual H-Bridge on the breadboard and then connect the wires like following.
4- Motor feed (batterypack) arduino's VIN pin
5- arduino's pin5
6- supply with 5v
7- arduino's pin6
9- supply with 5v
10- arduino's pin10
11- supply with 5v
12- arduino's pin11
Step 5: Wiring the Bluetooth Module.
Add the Bluetooth module on the breadboard then connect
Bluetooth Module's TX to the Arduino's RX
Bluetooth Module's RX to the Arduino's TX
Bluetooth Module's Vcc to the breadboard's Vcc
Bluetooth Module's Gnd to the breadboard's Gnd
Step 6: Adding the Batteries.
Find a good place to add your batteries and secure them in place.
Step 7: Mount Your Android SmartPhone on the Rover.
Mount your android smartphone on the rover with a dock or by using a tall screw like i did.
Step 8: Programming Your Arduino.
Connect your arduino to your Pc and upload this sketch, but first read it and understand it, i made it very simple to undrstand.
Step 9: Android Softwares.
First, toggle wifi hotspot on your android device, then connect your old device (the one that is mounted on the robot) on the wifi network that you've just made.
Then, download this application called IP Webcam on your old android device and download "BT Controller" from the attachments to your android device that you're going to control the robot from then follow these easy steps:-
- launch the app and scroll to the bottom and click "start server".
- copy the provided ip link and add "/browserfs.html" to the end of the link so it will look like that http://192.168.1.8:8080/browserfs.html
- launch the "BT controller" on the other device.
- click the "Select Robot" button and chose your Bluetooth module and pair with it (default password for HC-06 is 0000 or 1234).
- paste your link (in my case it was http://192.168.1.8:8080/browserfs.html ) on the text box and click connect
- you're ready to go :D
Step 10: Finally.
- If your robot (rover) doesn't move correctly then reverse the motor wires that is connected to the H-Bridge.
- If you can't get a clear image from the "BT Controller" app paste the provided link as it is without the "/browserfs.html" and click connect again , browse the web page that will pop up and chose another video render type.
Now connect the batteries to the arduino , fire it up :D and go test it and show off with it like a boss :D hope you've liked my instructable, feel free to comment and submit pictures of your own rover :D
DON'T FORGET TO VOTE FOR ME :D