Introduction: DIY Bottle Lamp
If you love drinking wine, then you know you've got a lot of wine bottles lying around, waiting to be recycled.
Well, there's a whole lot of things you can do with these beautifully shaped glass bottles. Recycling or well up-cycling wine bottles is an art. So from here on always give a second thought while discarding wine bottles as its resuability is endless.
In this Instructable Ill be making a wine bottle lamp, which is a total different experience when viewed in the dark.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Supplies
- Wine bottles
- String lights
- Hot glue or Super glue
And thats all you need!
Step 2: Tying the Ribbon
- Use two different shades of ribbons.
- Tie a flower bow with one ribbon on the neck of the bottle.
- With another longer ribbon tie a regular bow and wrap it around the bottle.
Step 3: Light Time
- Start adding the string lights into the bottle.
- This might take a while, but the results are worth it.
- After stocking the bottle completely with string lights, take the left out wire and wrap around the back.
- Glue the wire to the Base edge of the bottle to secure it in place.
- Now, turn on the string light and enjoy.
There are various ways to use this lamp, you could either use it as it is, or place it in a basin filled with water to create reflections.
Participated in the
Makerspace Contest 2017