Recently, I was thinking about how much small luxury purchases add up, especially things like bubble bath. I don’t know about you, but I like to take a nice warm bubble bath every once in a while but can’t see spending $12 on a bottle of it from Bath and Body Works when I can make it myself. And it’s just so easy to make, which makes me wonder why I haven’t done this sooner.
The best parts:
**You know what’s in it, so if you’re trying to avoid using a lot of chemicals on your body, you can be assured they’re not in this recipe.
**You can customize the scent to work with what you love best or to help your ailments with Aromatherapy.
**AND finally, you can use it as a body wash, so it’s dual purpose and can save you even more money.
Step 1: What You Need...
• ½ cup of unscented Castile soap in a liquid form, not solid (you can find this at most health food stores. I added a photo of just one brand option)
• ¾ cup water
• ½ tsp sea salt
• 15-20 drops of you favorite essential oil (more about the different scents at the end)
Step 2: What to Do...
1. Pour the soap into a medium mixing bowl and very very slowly add the water so it won’t bubble over.
2. Stir as gently as you can until mixed.
3. Add sea salt and stir slowly until the consistency becomes that of a light gel.
4. Add the essential oil or blend of oils that you chose and keep stirring slowly until well blended.
5. Pour into a pretty bottle with a snug cap (I prefer bottles with a swing cap--pictured).
6. Fill a tub with some hot water and pour some of the bubble bath in and relax.
Step 3: Essential Oil Uses
Here are some tips on which essential oils you may want to choose:
Stress Relief - Chamomile, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Vanilla
Anxiety - Chamomile, Cedarwood, Jasmine, Lavender, Rose, Sandalwood
Self Esteem - Grapefruit, Jasmine, Orange, Rosemary
Sadness/Grief - Chamomile, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lavender, Lemon, Orange, Rose, Sandalwood,
Fatigue - Ginger, Grapefruit, Jasmine, Lemon, Peppermint, Rosemary, Sandalwood
Agitation - Chamomile, Lavendar, Orange, Sandalwood
About Melissa Meier: She enjoys taking on DIY projects, while she also makes time to write for Michigan Buick dealers.