Introduction: DIY Button Earrings
Step 1: What You Need
- Fastener Kit: it should include 5 -3/4" Aluminum Buttons, a Mold, & a Pusher
- You can pick any button size. Mine are 3/4" -E6000 Glue or any glue that will bond metal
- 10mm Flat post with clutch (typcally found in the jewelry section of a craft store)
- Small piece of scrap fabric (thrift stores are great for this! Think bed sheets or pillow cases.)
Step 2: Lets Get to It!
1. Cut out a piece of fabric and fold over a side.
2. On the back of your Fastener Kit their is a grey half circle. Cut that out. Once you've done that, put the straight edge of the circle on the folded edge of the fabric.
3. Cut the fabric around the round edge of the half circle.
4. Open it up and you should have a fabric circle.
Do this twice, so you have two circles.
Step 3: Preparing the Button..
1. Take out your Mold (white rubber cap) and place your fabric circle right-side down over the Mold.
2. Now place the Button Shell face down over the fabric. Make sure the Button Shell is aligned with the Mold.
3. Push the Button Shell down into the Mold with your finger.
4. Fold in extra fabric toward the center of the button.
Step 4: Remove the Hook...
Now, take your button back and remove the loop from the button back with a pair of pliers.
Step 5: Making the Button
1. Take the Button Shell and place it on top of the Mold. You can put it right-side up or upside down.
It will work either way. Use your finger to push it into the Button.
2. Use your Pusher to force the Button Back into the button itself. Push, Push, Push!! I put my hand over the Pusher and pressed it against a table.
3. Remove the Pusher and you should see the Button Back is pushed in.
4. Pop the button out.
Do this twice.
Step 6: Glue the Earrings Backs on
Now use your glue to glue the earring post to the button.
Allow your earring to dry over a 24hr period.
Step 7: You're Finished!!
Want to see more project like this?
Check out my DIY Projects blog here.
SamA83 made it!