All of us have thought of finding some type of a clip or a brooch to tie back some of our house curtains during windy evenings, right? I thought I could make our lives easier by making a curtain holder and sharing the Instructions with you!
Step 1: WHAT DO WE NEED
1. First of all, we need scissors: 1 small, 1 large
2. Then, we will need Carbon or very thick foam-plast (I've used some carton left from a packaging of a store item)
3. It's easy to find some sushi sticks, rather than make a stick from paper. So, I just took the sushi sticks and split them for making two "tie backs" :))
4. Third tool is the X-Acto Knife (to cut the carbon pieces)
5. Fourth tool is: a pen or a pencil
6. You will also need some faux / fake flowers or leaves (I chose both)
7. Other tools needed are: everybody's favorite glue-gun and some fine wire (to wrap the flowers around the basis of the brooch and around the stick)
8. And the most important item is the ribbon or tule (wide or narrow) I chose some green and silver "Crazy Mesh". You may even use either a pretty lace or some colorful shoe laces :)
Step 2: THE BASIC CIRCLE AND THE STICK
First of all we cut some circles (I used my candle holder round tops: traced one large and one small within each other and got a circle with an opening in the middle). Check out the video to understand the details.
I wrapped the green tule / ribbon around the circle till it was totally covered and glued down the end to the carbon.
Then I used 2 Sushi sticks and wrapped the green tule around them till the whole stick area was covered as well.
Step 3: ADDING THE DECORATIVE PARTS
Next step is: adding the decorative leaves and flowers! I used some fine green wire to attach the flowers and the leaves: first by gluing them to each other, then attach them to the circle and the stick with the help of the wire. You may choose either permanent decor or attachable one. You will have more choice and will change the Brooch decor (flowers and leaves) as you like with attachable decorations.
Step 4: FINAL STEP: ATTACH THE BROOCH AND TAKE a DEEP BREATH :))
Now, it's time to attach your masterpiece to the curtain that has always bugged you every time you've been walking by. Now you may tame it with the cute curtain holder that is made by YOU!
BRAVO AND ENJOY YOUR TIME SPENT AT HOME IN A MORE RELAXED AND LOVELY ATMOSPHERE WITH A NICE CURTAIN THAT DOES NOT BUG ANYBODY :))