Introduction: DIY Car LCD Sun Shader
While driving my car during a sunny day, I noticed that I can't read the LCD panel of the car (Audio etc').
As a maker, I wanted to find the quickest and simplest solution to that problem - So I made a shade to the LCD - using the CD slot that is above the panel and building a simple shade as follows.
My tip is especially good for travelers since when you hire a car, you might face the same crisis I had, which you can resolve anytime any place.
Step 1: Equipment
All you need is a CD, Cardboard, Tape and a knife
Step 2: Instructions
- Measure the size you have for the cardboard shader (Ensure not to disturb the buttons)
- Mark centerline on the cardboard
- Position the CD with the middle of it on the line.
- Stick both using the adhesive tape
Youre done! It Works!
Step 3: Tips:
- Some CD players will try to pull the CD and stop all other audio when entering the shade - there's a button to eliminate this auto action.
- You can put some graphics on the cardboard.
- Safety - DO NOT try to insert the CD while other CD is in the player.