Introduction: DIY Cardboard Coffee Table
Here's a project anyone could do. For no money at all you could have your own one-of-a-kind coffee table using scavenged materials. Change the below pattern to fit your own living space, and feel free to paint, embellish, and waterproof it as you see fit. Enjoy!
Step 1: Materials:
1. Cardboard - furniture stores are great as the pieces are big and thick.
2. Glue gun
3. box cutter or exacto knife
4. measuring tape/ruler
Step 2: Cutting the Table Top and Shelves
1. We measured out 47" x 24" in chalk on our garage floor
2. We then cut a single piece this size which we then used to trace 4 or 5 more pieces for the table top.
3. To make the shelf we cut 6 or so pieces. We made them 45" x 21".
Step 3: Cutting and Assembling the Legs
1. Cut strips of 3", then cut these into 3"x3" squares
2. After you have many 3" x 3" squares, make stacks that look good together, making sure to align the 'weave' of the cardboard so all are facing the same direction.
2. Use your glue gun to glue together squares to the desired height.
3. You will need 12 stacks of squares of the same height - 6 for the bottom, 6 for between the shelf and the top.
4. Use a piece of straight wood to ensure your 'legs' are all uniform height.
Step 4: Assembling the Table
1. Turn your shelf upside down, and glue 6 'legs' to the undersurface of the shelf.
2. Do the same with the six legs under the top surface.
3. glue the six legs of the top to the shelf below.
Voila! A coffee table :)