Introduction: DIY Cat Scratching Post
My friend said she wants to buy a scratching post for her cat, and I said "I can do it for you, you don't need to buy."
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Materials and Tools
A cardboard tube, 500 mm length
10 m rope, (I chose jute rope, which is not synthetic)
Adjustable cabinet foot (I cut mine so that it can fit inside the tube),
500x500x10 mm MDF,
screws, suitable to cabinet foot and MDF
piece of fabric,
a thick cardboard, same dimensions as MDF,
A jar lid, same diameter of cardboard tube.
Hot glue Gun,
Step 2: Base
1. Assemble the foot to the center of MDF board.
2.cut a hole to the center of cardboard with the same diameter of tube.
3. using hot glue, fix the cardboard to the MDF. hole in the cardboard should face the cabinet foot.
4. Cover it with fabric using hot glue. Make a hole in the center.
Step 3: Post
1. Fit the other part of cabinet foot inside the tube and fix it using hot glue.
2. Wrap the rope around the tube. Hot glue can be used to fix the rope at some points.
3. Cover the jar lid with the fabric.
4. Place the lid to the top of the post using hot glue.
Step 4: Assembly
Put together the base and post. Since an adjustable foot is used, post and base can be separated for easy transport and/or storage.
Edit: Final product and target customer...