Introduction: DIY Christmas Card With Watercolors
In this tutorial I will show you how to draw and paint a Christmas card.
PLEASE WATCH THE VIDEO TO UNDERSTAND THE PROCESS.
IN THE VIDEO I SHOW YOU HOW TO DRAW THE CARD STEP BY STEP.
Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: TOOLS
You wil need: watercolors (yello, fuchsia, blue and purple), watercolor paper (21x15 cm), masking tape, pencil, purple pencil, eraser, white gel pen, ruler, paper towel, brush and water.
Step 2: Draw
1) Fold the sheet in half.
2) To avoid smudge edges, use masking tape to cover tborders of right page of the card.
3) Draw the house and the moon with pencil.
Step 3: Paint
1) Paint the sky with blue purple and fucshia. Leave lighter spots to create moonlight effect on clouds.
2) Paint the roof with blue. Mix blue and yellow to paint the house. Use purple and blue to define shadows and snow.
3) Paint lights coming from windows with yellow watercolor.
Step 4: Details
Once paint dried,
1) retrace the house and the snow with purple pencil
2) add stars and sparkles with white gel pen
Step 5: End!
1) Remove masking tape
2) Fold the card
3) write your best wishes
PLEASE WATCH THE STEP BY STEP VIDEO TO FULLY UNDERSTAND THE PAINTING PROCESS.
Happy holidays! 🎅
Participated in the
Home Decor Contest