Intro: DIY Christmas Craft From Plastic Spoons
We all love Christmas, don’t we?
Then when it comes to decorate your home with diy crafts, we all love to shop colourful and decorative wreath and Home Decor for Christmas. Have you ever wondered that exclusive and beautiful crafts can be made with the waste materials available in home itself or any unused items? Are you still wondering over it?
Here, we bring to you an attractive diya made of simple plastic spoons. You just need your creativity to decorate a simple way in a very unusual style. It not only looks grand but also adds spark to your home.
Step 1: Things Needed for This Plastic Spoon Diyas
- Plastic spoons
- Paint brush
- Glue gun
- Glue sticks
- Decorative pearls
- Colour palate
- Wax Diyas
Step 2: How to Make Base for Plastic Spoon Diyas?
- On a cardboard, make 3 circles of equal diameter.
- Make equal distance arcs to join these circles on the outer edges only.
- Cut the entire design including the circles and the arcs.
Step 3: Color the Plastic Spoons
- We need several spoons to make the decorative diyas.
- Use three different colour paints, mostly red, yellow and green.
- Take a painting palate and pour different colours in it.
- Paint the spoons and let it dry.
- It is better if you can paint at least 10-12 spoons of each colour, we require several spoons to make the decorative piece.
Step 4: Cut the Spoons and Get Petal Shapes
Once the colour on the spoon dries completely, cut the bottom end of the spoon so that we get petal shape pieces.
Step 5: Arrange the Plastic Spoons to Make the Two Layers
- Take the pattern which we had cut out of the cardboard.
- Select any one colour spoon and paste on the outer layer of the circle. Example: Take the red colour spoons and place them adjacent to each other in the form a circle to form the outer layer.
- Similarly, stick the yellow and green spoons as well.
In a similar fashion, make an inner layer as well with the same coloured spoons.
Step 6: Decorate the Craft Using Pearls
- Stick the decorative pearls on each of the spoons and decorate it to give it a grand look.
Step 7: Place Wax Diyas at the Center and Your Craft Is Ready!
Take the wax diyas and place it in the centre of this decorative piece to form an excellent designer diya.
Your exquisite diya is ready to use. Make as many such diyas as you want and decorate the house. It is easy to prepare and has a great look. These unique diyas will definitely attract the attention of the guests and you can boast about your creativity.
We have used very few materials in the preparation of this beautiful designer diya. All the materials are easily available in your home. Hope you enjoyed making this craft. Happy crafting!