Teachers! Did you use this instructable in your classroom?
Add a Teacher Note to share how you incorporated it into your lesson.
Step 1: Components Required
- Arduino Robot (I suggest my Arduino Robot for under $5)
- OLED I2C Display (I found one for $3.10)
- LCD Mount (I just made a box out of cardboard)
This spunky little robot could cost you less than $9, if you pick the right robot.
Step 2: Programming and Assembly
- Load the code attached below into your Arduino robot (as per instructions provided with your robot)
- Plug the LCD into the correct I2C and power pins on the Arduino (as per the LCD instructions)
- Fit the LCD mount onto the robot
- Attach the LCD to the mount Power the robot And watch the fun begin.
Step 3: Make a New Expression
- Unzip the "Image2Code.jar" file attached below (I can't remember where I got this app, but it sure is handy)
- Double click on the jar file to run it (requires java on your machine)
- Select "Choose a file", pick the new file you created, and click "Open"
- Click down in the text below the picture that the app generated
- Press Ctrl+A to select all of the text and then Ctrl+C to copy it
I plan to make additional expressions and change them when sensors are activated. I’ve also uploaded some
1 Person Made This Project!
TnComm made it!